Follow my blog with Bloglovin
When a winter blizzard cancelled our local Greater Rochester Professional Photographers meeting three years ago, I set up my first Google Hangout on Air webinar to teach the class on how to design wedding albums. This turned into a review of Google Hangouts, Fundy Album Designer, SmartAlbums, Video Conferencing for business as well as a Q&A about my wedding album sales process.
This was my first time using Google Hangouts on Air, as it had JUST launched. Hilariously, this past week, I spent an entire day watching webinars about the tips and tricks with Google Hangouts…. and rewatching this made me realize that DUH! I already knew this stuff! Oh, Heather, you stupid stupid girl. Furthermore, it reminded me that I’m a natural at working through new technology and figuring out how to harness it’s power. Why oh why am I not just running with these things right away?? I digress….
My first Google Hangout Webinar: album design for photographers
- minutes 1—-> 11:50 we review Google Hangouts on Air
- then until minute 25 we discuss album designing software, album design tips for photographers, etc.
- until minute 39 when we digress back into the Google Hangout tutorial
- and then the video finishes off with my process of presenting the wedding album to my clients either in person or over video chat software
- finally, I teach one of the ‘presenters’ how to improve his lighting for the webinar
I know is is a little rambling, and that is because it was really just a test drive about album design for photographers.
Please share your thoughts, critiques and insights! I’m currently working on streamlined and more focused content, so subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay in the loop.